[Radiance-general] NFS and rpiece

Francesco Anselmo Francesco.Anselmo at arup.com
Fri Sep 1 19:32:13 CEST 2006

Hello everybody,

I'm really sorry to raise this topic again, but I've been doing
some tests recently with a cluster, and got into this strange problem.

Not using OpenMosix this time, just redhat (after nearly 7 years of
debian), nfs mounts and pdsh distributing rpiece through ssh.

I launch the big script, wait, got the image done, looks good,
the ambient file is good too but ...

... but some of the picture tiles, randomly, got rendered twice,
three times, four times, so I loose quite a bit of processing power.
Just to explain better, the syncronisation file, after the picture
is completed, looks something like this:

   1   12
   0    0

   0   11
   0   10
   0    9
   0    9
   0    8
   0    8
   0    8
   0    8
   0    8
   0    8
   0    8
   0    8
   0    0
   0    7
   0    1
   0    6
   0    4
   0    5
   0    2
   0    3

So tile 0.9 has been done twice, and tile 0.8 has even been done 8
times!!!

I haven't found an explanation, yet. Has anybody come across a similar
issue?

I've tried as well directly with ssh, but still the same problem.

Thanks in advance for any input on this.

Have a nice week-end.

--
Francesco