[Radiance-general] Radiance documentation organization

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 17:24:52 CEST 2006

Hi Iebele,

Good point about installation.  That definitely deserves its own
category, which I simply forgot.  I've also added a tutorials
section, which we may as well break into categories as well:

I. Installation and Set-up
	A. Standard (UNIX) distirbution
	B. Radzilla
	C. Windows alternatives
	D. Other packages

II. Tutorials
	A. Basic
	B. General, Advanced
	B. Electric Lighting
	C. Daylighting

III. Input
	A. CAD links and conversion tools
	B. Photometry & Sky models
	C. Generator programs
	D. Scene processing (xform, replmarks, oconv, etc.)

IV. Computation
	A. Rendering (batch & interactive)
	B. Illumination calculations
	C. Executive programs (rad, rayfront, etc.)

V. Output
	A. Image processing
	B. Image viewing
	C. Image format conversion
	D. Graphing & plotting

Regarding Wikipedia, I think the discussion we had at the workshop
was leaning towards a more controlled environment, where people would
still be very free to contribute but responsible for particular parts
of the documentation tree.  This was the plone-based solution that
Peter Apian-Bennewitz proposed last year.  Much hints on getting some
seed (and hopefully ongoing) funding for that.