[Radiance-general] Radiance documentation organization

J. David Maino david.maino at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 01:17:19 CET 2006

Hello all,

I recently deployed MediaWiki for use at work and the way we set it up
was that a) you must be logged in to edit anything and b) certain people
or groups of people we're placed in charge of different sections on the
Wiki, meaning that they were the only ones who could directly contribute
to that particular page (individual users can protect pages with a
separate password that will allow only them to edit it). However, we
also set up a "drafts" page which was linked from the main page that was
essentially a mirror of each page. Anyone logged in could edit and add
to this draft page and every once in awhile the person(s) in charge of
the section will go through the draft and add things that are relevant
and correct to the main page. This helps us make sure that there is
limited spamming (and NO spamming on the main pages) and it helps us
ensure the accuracy and helpfulness of items within the wiki. I'm not
familiar with Plone, but I would imagine a similar setup could be
arranged with that as well.

Granted, this does not solve the issue of actually convincing people to
contribute to such a setup, but something like this would help
significantly with quality control and making sure that little or no
spam makes its way to the wiki.

Dave