[Radiance-general] perforated lamellas

Bleicher, Thomas T-Bleicher at bdp.co.uk
Fri Nov 3 10:39:11 CET 2006

 Friedemann,

I assume you only try to approximate the effect on the shadowing
of the room, then, not modelling the real reflectance of the material.

You could start with your base material (aluminium - see the example
materials in the distribution) and add a mixfunc with void as second
modifier. Thus the areas defined in the function file should simply
be transparent like a hole in the material.

There was a function file that created a dot pattern by Georg
Mischler; I just can't remember the name now. You have to specify
the right dimmensions of the dots for your 85/15 ratio. I think
you could apply a scale to it so that it created oval dots instead of
circles (but that might have been a different function file).

hth,
Thomas