[Radiance-general] Measuring red, green and blue light component in certain space

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue May 30 06:19:13 CEST 2006

Hi Adriana,

To my knowledge, there is no standard metric for radiance independent
of incoming direction.  You either need to define a particular
direction, or in your case you probably want the irradiance value,
which is the integral of radiance over the projected hemisphere.
This also requires you to define a facing direction.

Phil Dutre has a nice compendium that explains lighting units, which
may be found at:

	http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~phil/GI/

Section VI, starting page 25  is probably where you want to look.

-Greg