[Radiance-general] water simulation

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu May 11 19:30:01 CEST 2006

Hi Ignacio,

Regrettably, I don't have time to debug your function file at the
moment.  You can try using the debugcal script that comes with
Radiance, giving it ray origins and directions on the standard input
or using ximage:

	ximage test.pic | debugcal test.oct -f water.cal -e '$1=dx;$2=dy;
$3=dz;$4=dxx;$5=dyy;$6=dzz'

This script assigns the standard variables from rayinit.cal so you
can find out what is happening.

To answer  your first question, the Rdot variable is the negative dot
product, meaning that it is positive when a ray strikes the front of
a surface material, and negative when it strikes the back side of the
surface.

Hope this helps.
-Greg