[Radiance-general] rtrace seg fault

J. David Maino maino at psu.edu
Wed Mar 22 19:09:13 CET 2006

Hello all,

rtrace has been  giving me some trouble lately, but it doesn't seem to
be consistent. I get the following error from time to time:

rtrace: signal - Broken pipe
Segmentation Fault

It usually happens while running rtcontrib, but not always. Sometimes it
will run fine with no problems, but then the same geometry with the same
command produces and error and it is not always at the same point.
Sometimes it is right away, sometimes a few minutes into it, and
sometimes a few hours into it. Is this more a memory/hardware issue, or
could it be a problem with the way I arrange my files? Any help you
could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave