[Radiance-general] mkillum useage with large scenes

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Sun Mar 19 17:29:32 CET 2006

Hi!

Thank you for the help, mkillum is somehow still one of the radiance
secrets.

Ok, I am trying that now. I am curious about the "complicated way" using
-o settings for mkillum. Still, now I want it to work first ;-)

One question arised now. I had been filtering my scene for the
mkillum-faces' modifier, replacing it by void, and than run mkillum with
-i=void. I would prefer not to filter, but still, I need a modifier that
will actually never be used to define my mkillum-faces. Can I define an
alias to void for that? E.g. void alias mkillum_faces void? So that
before I run mkillum, these faces just are not visible, but I can still
run oconv on the scene? Or should I better use a dummy material for them
(e.g. a glass with 100% transmittance? So far I like to be able to run
rvu on the scene before using mkillum, so I prefer not to have some
thousand of these faces with a dummy modifier, but I guess that alias to
void could cause problems?

Thank You, CU Lars.