[Radiance-general] saving a view from within rview

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Mon Mar 6 02:43:07 CET 2006

Hi Ramana,

When you are running rvu/rview there are a range of interactive
commands. Typing view or v in the window will enter into a "dialog" that
let you control view parameters. You can try it out and just step
through the parameters by hitting return, it will not change anything
unless you type in something. When you get a view set up the way you
want you can save the setting by typing:

    v my-viewname.vf
    or
    view my-viewname.vf

when you want to use a view that you have saved you would type the
following:

    l my-viewname.vf
    or
    last my-viewname.vf

Hope this helps it can be a bit confusing early on but it is worth it.
You may want to learn to check and explore the man pages as well for
example:

    http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/man_html/rvu.1.html

-Jack

Ramana Koti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to Jack and Kirk I have Radiance up and running on Cygwin (I
> installed X).
>
> How is the command
>
> : view default.vf
>
> used fom within rview to save a particular view?
>
> Thanks,
> Ramana.
>
> --
> Venkata Ramana Koti
> MS in Building Design (Energy/Climate)
> School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture
> College of Design
> Arizona State University, Tempe AZ 85287

# Jack de Valpine
# president
#
# visarc incorporated
# http://www.visarc.com
#
# channeling technology for superior design and construction