[Radiance-general] lighting fixtures data

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Fri Mar 3 22:07:48 CET 2006

On 03.03.2006, at 20:29, Rob Guglielmetti wrote:

> Thomas, sorry; the only electronic info I have on the ies format
> is from Ian Ashdown,s great paper "Thinking Photometrically" --
> actually coursenotes froma lecture he did a number of years ago
> -- and this details the earlier format.

That's my resource for the old formats, too.

> I do own a copy of the latest spec (LM-63-02), so if there are any
> specific questions you had, I may be able to answer them.

I've found that the definition of shapes has changed from
95 to 2002. Shapes are "encoded" as negative dimensions in
x,y,z. If you could compare how this is done now or how the
shapes are "encoded" in 2002 vs. 95 this would be a great
help. That's the only place where I fear that the new standard
could be interpreted wrong. Everything else is just a more
strict interpretation of old rules AFAIK.

BTW: It's the same for EULUMDAT/2: They just squeeze more
      information into an already existing field. If you don't
      know about it you get funny names for the manufacturer
      and the report; But that's all.

TIA,

Thomas