[Radiance-general] Windows Based Radiance Package

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Wed Jun 28 17:44:08 CEST 2006

Chris Jessee wrote:

> Although it currently doesn't offer the analysis tools that Radiance
> has, Maxwell has the underlying architecture to make such analysis
> possible.  It wouldn't surprise me to see an announcement at Siggraph
> regarding lighting analysis tools in Maxwell or based on Maxwell.
> Users are certainly asking for it on the Maxwell forums.  This is
> pure speculation on my part.  http://www.maxwellrender.com

Maxwell has been vaguely promising lighting analysis tools for almost
two years now, but nothing concrete has emerged and they have missed
release dates, angering pre-release purchasers.  You raise a good point
though, perhaps a third party will take the reins and create a plug-in
or something that would allow that.  Of course at that point you still
have something that has not been extensively validated -- validation
being one of many positive traits of Radiance and a benefit of its being
around for so long.

- Rob