[Radiance-general] iges conversion

Erwin Zierler radiance at archvisu.at
Tue Jun 27 13:07:00 CEST 2006

Hi Chris,

while I dont know anything about this particular program I am rather sure
that this file librt.so.19 is not in your library path.
On my system I issue the following commands to find out more:

# locate librt.so
/lib/librt.so.1
/usr/lib/librt.so

# ls -l /lib/librt.so.1 /usr/lib/librt.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 14  5. Mai 03:40 /lib/librt.so.1 -> librt-2.3.6.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20  5. Mai 03:40 /usr/lib/librt.so ->
../../lib/librt.so.1

So the 'real' file is actually here: /lib/librt-2.3.6.so

# file /lib/librt-2.3.6.so tells you:
/lib/librt-2.3.6.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1
(SYSV), stripped

The other 'files' you find are so called 'symbolic links'. This way
differrent programs looking for this library can find it in different
directories and you still need only one real copy of it, the rest is done
via links.

I guess you should first find out what and where your application (iges-g)
is looking for. Just type the folloing in the directory where your app
lives:

# ldd iges-g

As an example if I want to figure out which libraries 'rpict' needs I type:

# ldd /opt/radiance/bin/rpict
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0xb7efc000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb7dec000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7f28000)

This will show you exactlty where your binary finds (or doesn't) the
libaries it needs. Then you can just make a symbolic link from the real
location of 'librt.so' to where it is expected by 'ides-g'.

Hope this gets you started ;-)

-Erwin
---