[Radiance-general] iges conversion

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Jun 20 18:22:56 CEST 2006

Ok, maybe it is time to install clean. If there is some admin who wants
to help, let him install brlcad where it belongs to, somewhere in /usr.
Than it will also find its libraries. He may also install (if available)
a package for your distribution, as you do not intend to use the latest
features but only the (old) import-filter.

The workarounds should come to an end here, as, while you copied some
files to your current working directory, brldcad heaviely relies on its
libraries. So it will be easier to properly install the whole package.

The problem is that brlcad expects to be in a standard location under
/usr, where a non-admin user should not be able to install. There is a
file README and/or INSTALL which tells you where to install it, for my
OS X release it was something like /usr/brlcad, afaik.

There is no need to recompile it (except that you insist on installing
it in a non-standard location. I had hoped that you already successfully
did all the conversion as I did not hear any news from you.

After all this Radiance-Off-Topic (while interesting, as brlcad is a
useful extension for radiance in many ways), there is also nice support
available for brlcad such as an icq-channel, mailing lists, the
sourceforge forums and, really, a lot of nicely formatted pdf documentation.

CU Lars.