[Radiance-general] Thanks for support ...

Christian Fusenig christian_fusenig at gmx.de
Mon Jun 19 23:24:48 CEST 2006

Hi there,

thanks to everyone for helping me with my radiance problems in my
thesis, especially Greg for his help on explaining the integration of a
better RGB rendering, mentioned in the 'Picture Perfect' essay. I never
expected this list to be that helpful and supportive as it is,  this is
really a living 'handbook'!  I gave the thesis  in last wednesday and
hope it will turn out all right.
Seven months ago i didn't know anything about radiance only that Relux
Vision uses a version of it. I am a windows user and found the cygwin
implementation of radiance. I used this one because it was the only one
i could find on the net. I was happy to be able to use all the Unix
commands out of the 'Rendering with Radiance Book'. Cygwin is not really
a practical system but it was enough for my needs and i didn't wanted to
swap systems in the middle of my thesis. Now i want to move on and use a
more practical and stable version of radiance. After following your
discussion about radiance on different systems can you tell me, what is
the better alternative: using the windows based version 'mingw' ( of
which i heard for the first time) or ( as i planned ) use the Knoppix
Version of Linux from the Learnix platform. Up to now i don't plan to
install a Unix system.
Thanks for advice,

Christian

--