[Radiance-general] RE: Difference...

Marcus Jacobs marcdevon at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 15 15:06:46 CEST 2006

Ali,

To add to what Jack mentioned, if you wish to use the Desktop Radiance
AutoCad front end and still use a more recent version of Radiance, you can
try replacing the Desktop Radiance binaries (usually located in
c:\Radiance\bin) with the Windows binaries compiled by Francesco Anselmo
(select "Mingw Radiance Binaries"):

http://www.bozzograo.net/radiance/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=4

I think that these binaries are compiled from either Radiance version 3.6 or
3.7. You can not run the cygwin binaries directly from the Desktop Radiance
front end. You will have to export the geometry from DR and run the binaries
from cygwin's BASH shell. However, if you use the Windows binaries compiled
by Francesco, you should be able to run these binaries (e.g. rad, oconv,
rpict, rtrace, etc) directly from DR. However, it should be noted that you
will not be able to use DR's winrview with octrees that are built with the
Francesco's Windows binaries.

Marcus