[Radiance-general] RE: Difference...

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Wed Jun 14 20:59:40 CEST 2006

Hi Ali,

As I understand it, the active development for Desktop Radiance ceased
some time ago. It uses an older version of the Radiance simulation
engine than what is currently available in the standard Radiance
distribution. If you want something with a front end gui you might take
a look at Rayfront (www.schorsch.com) otherwise there are compiles of
Radiance binaries  for cygwin (www.cygwin.com) which runs under windows.
The current version of Radiance has quite a few powerful new features
and enhancements that the older version does not.

Hope this helps,

-Jack