[Radiance-general] glare on monitor screen

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 04:03:09 CEST 2006

Sorry, I should have explained better.  L_fore is the luminance of
the character or whatever it is you are trying to read.  L_back is
the luminance of the surround -- on the monitor, not behind it.
L_veil is the *additional* luminance caused by unwanted reflection
off the screen.  You may have to render the monitor with it switched
off to get this value.  You can use the attached VDToff.rad file for
this.  You'll also need the other files I've attached, which I forgot
in the first posting.