[Radiance-general] clouds textures

bob coyne coyne at semanticlight.com
Tue Jan 31 18:48:36 CET 2006

What's the best way to get a sky with a cloud texture map in Radiance
(assuming
the cloud texture map is already "sphericized")?  I've tried applying a
COLORPICT pattern onto
the sky SOURCE  but it doesn't work (I get black).  I assume this is
because the UV
coordinates aren't available in the same way (with Lu, Lv) that works
with mesh objects.

I've also tried making a polygonal mesh sky dome. That's easily textured
but creates other problems
(shadows and other lighting effects on the sky) .

Thanks for any help or guidance on how to do this sort of thing!

- Bob