[Radiance-general] output to .unf file

Huangwx ap.huangwx at archi.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Jan 23 06:56:23 CET 2006

dear all:

I am using a supercomputer which has 128 CPUs,
and should be very fast. But I found the rendering
speed is almost the same as my notepad. A stuff of
the super computer said that most time was not
taken by computation, but by outputing data to
files. I think writing data to the .unf file must take
 a lot of time. The supercomputer uses NFS
storage, so maybe because it is too slow, the
rendering cannot be finished quickly. If there is any
 way that radiance do not use the NFS storage
during rendering, but only the memory, I think the
speed could be greatly improved.

The rendering parameters in .opt file:
-dp 256
-ar 28