[Radiance-general] My previous email

Jeffrey McGrew toast at becausewecan.org
Tue Jan 17 18:51:21 CET 2006

Kirk Thibault wrote:
> Essentially what I wanted to say was that I am thankful for the
> Radiance community after reading some of the really nasty forum
> threads on the Maxwell Render forum.
I think part of that is due to 'the release'. I've got some friends who are into Maxwell, and apparently their first non-beta of the product, their '1.0' or whatever, was a real dog. Didn't work very well. Seeing that they got a bunch of people to buy the beta, with the promise of giving them the offical release when it came out, and then having the first offical release be so bad, well, I think it caused a lot of bad blood. Also I've heard that they keep making promises in regards to increasing the speed of Maxwell and such that aren't happening as quickly as everyone would like. So there's some crankyness there to begin with.

but yes, a big thanks to everyone here for Radiance! Open source, and still great after all these years...

Jeffrey McGrew

Because We Can, LLC
(415) 505-4689
www.becausewecan.org