[Radiance-general] trad - TclTk

william reynolds william.reynolds at oriel.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jan 14 17:08:54 CET 2006

Hi there

A third question from me today, but agian I thought it better to start a
new thread for this one too.

 From looking over the past posts it seems that something has been
changed in the Tcl/Tk language that means that the trad utility will no
longer run with more recent versions. Does anyone know with which
version of Tcl/Tk this issue frst raised its head? I've only tried the
most recent versions. I also tried to install the version I believe trad
is meant to run under (Tcl 7.4, Tk 4) but the source for these no longer
under the new gcc! I'm pretty new to the linux system im running (fresh
from windows) and I dont really know what I'm doing changing code, so I
thought I'd appeal to this list for advice about any other front-ends
for Radiance. I'm aware of Rayfront, but unfortunately I dont have much
budget to spend on this project (it's my 4th year undergraduate
Engineering degree final project) and I am hoping for a free version!

Thanks again for all your help
Will