[Radiance-general] lightpipes/ports

Erico Rosa erosa at gsd.harvard.edu
Sat Jan 14 03:21:56 CET 2006

I'm running a simulation on hollow mirror lightpipes and I've installed
the photon map compiled by Carsten Bauer (at
<http://www.cb-d.de/pmap/pmap.html> http://www.cb-d.de/pmap/pmap.html)
for Radiance 3.6. I also downloaded the examples from
<mailto:ganjatron at gmx.net> Roland Schregle's webpage (
<http://www.ise.fhg.de/alt-aber-aktiv/radiance/photon-map/download.html>
http://www.ise.fhg.de/alt-aber-aktiv/radiance/photon-map/download.html)
to run a "test drive". The Photon Map runs all scripts without any
problems until I use the examples with "ports". It falls into what seems
a loop where the progress reports give me an exorbitant 30,000% (it's
still running.). Will it stop eventually?

Does anybody have worked with the ports option and bumped into this
abnormal behaviour?

Erico
erosa at gsd.harvard.edu