[Radiance-general] HDRI - Camera Response Curve

Kirk Thibault kthibault at biomechanicsinc.com
Tue Jan 10 16:58:47 CET 2006

Greg et al -

Regarding Photosphere and the creation of HDR images from multiple
exposure LDR images:  is there any advantage to the process by using
higher bit RAW or TIFF (12-16 bit) linear LDRs when combining them
into an HDR, or does it not matter or actually make the process
harder or less efficient, etc.?  Just curious.

I've been reading and rereading the Tone Mapping chapters in the new
book trying to get a theoretical and physical basis for the machinery
working behind the scenes in Photosphere/hdrgen.  Pretty cool stuff.

Thanks,

kirk

Kirk L. Thibault, Ph.D.
kthibault at biomechanicsinc.com