[Radiance-general] HDRI - Camera Response Curve

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Mon Jan 9 18:19:54 CET 2006

Hi All,

Happy New Year first off.

I am making a first pass through the "High Dynamic Range Imaging" book
that Greg co-authored. I am wondering about methods for generating a
good response curve for a given camera. The book gives a variety of tips
and suggestions, however I am curious about good scenes.

In a prior email footnote from Greg (a faq item relating to camera
response curves and Photosphere), he suggests shooting a scene looking
out a window during daytime with about 10 exposures. What about shooting
a controlled scene such as a Macbeth Color Checker or a Kodak gray scale
chart (can't remember the name of this) outdoors under daytime
conditions or using some type of interior fixed lighting setup?

-Jack

--
# Jack de Valpine
# president