[Radiance-general] trans

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 00:56:46 CET 2006

Hi Martin,

Thanks for writing to let me know all is well with trans, if a bit
confusing...  (But we knew that!)

While I agree that the -i option would be better to show arriving
irradiance on some trans surfaces, it's a hack to begin with, and the
behavior is more predictable if it switches based on material type
rather than material parameters.

Your formulas for the trans arguments look correct, except your A5
calculation, the specular roughness:

> A5 = (rs * rs_a _ ts * ts_a) / (rs + ts)

Perhaps you meant:

A5 = (rs * rs_a + ts * ts_a) / (rs + ts)

This seems a reasonable way to compute an average value for the
roughness.

-Greg

------------------ Off-list messages:

------- Original post: