[Radiance-general] HDR MIME type

Axel Jacobs a.jacobs at londonmet.ac.uk
Tue Jan 3 19:56:34 CET 2006

> Are you looking for something like this?
>
> http://athens.ict.usc.edu/FiatLux/hdrview/
>
> That is what I use to look at HDR images on Windows computers.  Once you
> assign the 'open with', it always works.

No, I am looking for the MIME type. If you click on any of the .hdr images
on this page:
http://athens.ict.usc.edu/Probes/
the web server tells you it's a BIN file. Assigning a default application
therefor depends on the extension. This is .hdr on the page you quoted,
but no-one can stop me from serving HDR images with an extension .axl .
This is where the MIME type kicks in: Once my web server knows that both,
.hdr and .axl (and maybe .pic) are of type X-HIGH-DYNAMIC-RANGE, for
example, it will dish out the proper MIME type, and not say it's a BIN
(which is kinda saying "I've no idea what I'm delivering here...")

Thanks for the link.

Cheers

Axel