[Radiance-general] trans

Martin Moeck MMoeck at engr.psu.edu
Mon Jan 2 21:08:51 CET 2006

Radiance 3.5 official LBNL release March 21 2003

Scene = a box 3X3X3 m with a south facing window.

Trans =
0.31   0.31   0.31     0.01     0.02     0.3443     0.191

points.inp:
1.5 -.5 1.5       0 -1 0
1.5 0.1 1.5       0 -1 0

I assume the following formulae:

ts = direct transmittance = 0.02
td = diffuse transmittance = 0.85
rs_a = ts_a = roughness = 0.02
rs = specularity

A1 = A2 = A3 = rd / ( (1-rs)*(1-A6) )
A4 = rs = 0.01
A5 = (rs * rs_a _ ts * ts_a) / (rs + ts)
A6 = (td + ts) / (rd + td  + ts)
A7 = ts / (td + ts)

Is that correct?

Martin