[Radiance-general] HDR MIME type

Axel Jacobs a.jacobs at londonmet.ac.uk
Mon Jan 2 10:06:39 CET 2006

Hello all,

Since this is the first message on THE LIST this side of the New Year, I wish
you all a happy and productive 2006. I hope it's going to be better than
2005, and worse than 2007 will be.

And here comes my question:

I was wondering if anybody has any idea as to if there is a MIME type for
HDR images. This is for dishing out HDR through an HTTP server, and if
left undefined, HDRs get served as 'BIN file', which isn't particularly
elegant, and makes assigning the default browser behaviour ('open with
ximage') rather challenging.

Is there a kinda standards body looking after those MIME types, or is this
left to the distributors/developers of OSes, desktop environments and
apps?

Cheers

Axel