[Radiance-general] OBJ2MESH - Phong smooth shading and texture mapping

Nicolas Roy nicolas.roy at VELUX.com
Wed Feb 15 13:26:43 CET 2006

Hi all,

I recently tried using OBJ2MESH for applying smooth shading to models, made
using a 3rd party CAD software, and also to map textures. None of it
worked.

- I did not see any option for implementing smooth shading in the obj2mesh
manual, can anyone helps explaining how it should be specified?

- For mapping texture I used the following code, but there was no texture
on the object rendered (a ball) just plain color :

void colorpict ball_surface
7 red green blue ball.pic . frac(Lu) frac(Lv)
0
0

ball_surface plastic ball_finish
0
0
5 0.5 0.5 0.5 0 0

ball_finish mesh ball_mesh
1 ball.rtm
0
0

That's about it, any support will be appreciated.

Thanks