[Radiance-general] gloss specifications to roughness/specularity

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:46:21 CET 2006

Hi Jack,

I don't want to discourage you from reading this paper, because it's
really nice, but I don't think it will help in getting meaningful
values from gloss measurements.  I almost mentioned it myself in my
reply, but was too rushed to go look up the reference.

As for material type, you are better off using "metal" if the
metallic paint has a strong color to it, as they usually do.  If you
want to see the clear coat as well, you can try a mixfunc between
metal and plastic.

-Greg