[Radiance-general] Re:Re: Problems with CAD/dxf Import

Christian Fusenig christian_fusenig at gmx.de
Sun Feb 5 18:43:20 CET 2006

Thank you Thomas,

i understand your suggestions and the procedure worked for an .dxf file
i grabbed from the internet. It was a luminaire file from ERCO Lighting.
I defined different layers and named them. The dxf2rad worked fine and i
ended up with my desired modifiers.
But the files i got from this company didn't work! I opened them in
Autocad 2005 and it said something that they were created with 'Pro
Lignum 3D'. I can work with the file in Autocad but when i save it as
.dxf then the dxf2rad converter messes it up. I get an empty file like
that:
## Radiance geometry file "Video_Monitor.rad"
## Converted by dxf2rad 0.9: Sun Feb 05 18:33:59 2006
## C:\cygwin\opt\ray\bin\dxf2rad.exe Video_Monitor.dxf Video_Monitor.rad

## End of Radiance geometry file "Video_Monitor.rad"

I have no web space to post this .dwg  file to and i guess to send the
file to this list is a bad idea. Maybe i can send it to you and you can
open it and see whats wrong. I have to ask this company if i can give
these files away but maybe we can make a deal. ;-)
Thank you so far!

Christian

--
Christian Fusenig