[Radiance-general] rpict/rif settings

Fitzsimmons, Rob rob.fitzsimmons at Summit.Fiserv.com
Fri Feb 3 20:06:41 CET 2006

 The blue buttons are glass with an image modifer

void colorpict keymap
17 red green blue Touch_keys.hdr /usr/local/lib/ray/picture.cal pic_u pic_v
-s 368 -t -306.281 24.9518  0 -rx 90 -rz 0
0
1              0.603

keymap glass keyfront
0
3 .93 .94 .98

I do recall getting better results when I tried plastic, but I'm looking for
that Mac OSX gelcap look, so I want to keep them transparent.
I also tried dielectric, but that was way slow and produced a worse image

thanks

Rob
-----Original Message-----
From: Kirk Thibault
To: Radiance general discussion
Sent: 2/3/2006 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Radiance-general] rpict/rif settings

Rob - what happens to the "problem" render when you replace the
material that looks like transparent blue plastic with a RADIANCE
"plastic" (opaque) material?  What material type are those blue
buttons?  Is the rendering issue related to the way the IBL is
handled during transmission through that specific material?

kirk