[Radiance-general] Modeling reflective glazing and glazing with ceramic frit

Marija Cvetkovic cveleglg at bankerinter.net
Fri Dec 29 14:08:41 CET 2006

Hi Greg,

I've just tried this new script and if I understood it well, it
determines whether output material should be glass or BRTDfunc using
next conditions:
abs(back_reflectance - front_reflectance)<0.05 -> glass material
transmittance>0.645 and abs(back_reflectance - front_reflectance)>0.05
-> BRTFfunc with '*clear' functions
transmittance<0.645 and abs(back_reflectance - front_reflectance)>0.05
-> BRTFfunc with '*bronze' functions
Right?

Few questions:
- For Plexiglas® MC (NFRC ID= 2604), glass material parameters are >1 (
1.002 1.004 1.001). I think glass transmissivity should be <=1 ?!
- For materials that are exported from OPTICS5 and have name like
"abc_def" (with "_"), optics2rad doesn't define output radiance
materials, because it doesn't recognize the format.
-Is window.cal relevant only for one-layer glazings? I suppose for
double layer we should use glaze.csh script as before.

Marija.