[Radiance-general] ambient accuracy parameter

Mark Stock mstock at umich.edu
Wed Dec 27 18:45:28 CET 2006

Marija,

I use -aa 0 for models which contain massive amounts of detail
and for which computing and storing enough ambient points would
quickly run me out of memory. The first scene to require this was

http://mark.technolope.org/image/p36.html

but I have used it on most of my work since then.

I did a little work with -aa 0 before this and found that
oversampling combined with low -ad could produce good images. I
made a page showing the results:

http://mark.technolope.org/radmisc/aa0_ps1_test/final.html

I hope this helps you.

Mark