[Radiance-general] ambient accuracy parameter

Martin Moeck Martin.Moeck at asu.edu
Tue Dec 26 22:40:56 CET 2006

I use the -aa setting to get a smoother indirect calculation. This is especially important if the -ad parameter is low, i.e., <=512. A high -aa parameter, such as 5000 or whatever, creates a dense grid of indirect/reflected values. You can check that by making two images, one with a low setting of ad and aa, and one with a low setting of ad and a high setting of aa. That will show you immediately what the ambient accuracy parameter is about. The image contains less blotches.

Martin Moeck