[Radiance-general] rotation

iebele info at iebele.nl
Wed Aug 16 11:33:11 CEST 2006

Hi Chris,

A rotation in Radiance is always done using 0 0 0 as the anchor point
for the rotation.

I cannot see your scene from here, but if you rotate after a certain
translation, you might get odd results.
I think you should rotate your spot first (and before that make sure its
anchorpoint of rotation is located at 0 0 0) and then move it.
so, as an example:

!xform -n spot1 -rx 90 -ry 0 -rz 0 -t 1.25 1 3.8  spotc.rad

should work fine
(instead of: !xform -n spot1 -t 1.25 1 3.8 -rx 90 -ry 0 -rz 0  spotc.rad
which is NOT the same )

Consider using replmarks also (see the manpage) , which works also OK
for aiming light geometry in a proper direction (and position).
Good luck,

Iebele