[Radiance-general] filtering normal information from an obj

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 18:17:55 CEST 2006

Hi Lars,

You can try it, but if your purpose is to reduce rendering times, I
don't expect you'll see much difference from taking the surface
normals away.  The implementation of normal interpolation in Radiance
meshes is fairly efficient.

I also wrote a utility for manipulating .OBJ files (a bit), but it
was written under contract with someone else and depends on some
other code I developed that isn't part of Radiance.  I could
distribute binaries, but compiling under multiple architectures is
beyond my abilities right now.

-Greg