[Radiance-general] making my own ies file

J. David Maino maino at psu.edu
Thu Aug 3 17:44:43 CEST 2006

Chris,

Say you had an initial lumen value of 15,000lm for the lamp you've chosen. All you would have to do
would be replace [lumens per lamp] with 15000. The mean lumens will be a lower value than the
intital lumens. If you are using a light loss factor in your calculations, you should use one of the
following combinations:

a) use the initial lumens in your IES file and use an appropriate value for the lamp lumen
depreciation in your light loss factor (the lamp lumen depreciation value will depend on the lamp
chosen)

b) use the mean lumens in your IES file and use a value of 1 for the lamp lumen depreciation in your
light loss factor, since the mean lumens already take the lamp lumen depreciation into account.

Hope that helps!
Dave