[Radiance-general] Re: making my own ies file

Chris Foster chris.foster at npl.co.uk
Thu Aug 3 12:58:14 CEST 2006

Hello Christian,

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated.

The photometric calculator (PC) Arri has looks nice but isnt really much help when trying to make an ies file. I have printed off a graph from the PC and have used a ruler to try and get some angle and brightness values for use in my ies file but it cant imagine that its very accurate.
The light i physical and want to model have is the ARRI Daylight Compact 4000W (not the theatre one) with a fresnal lens. HMI 4000 W/SE G38.
I want to model it in spot, midflood and flood focus range.

For my spot focus my draft ies looks as below

TILT=NONE

1 [lumens per lamp] 1 12 1 1 2 -.376 0 0
0 0.5 1.5 3 4 5 6 7.5 9 11 17 90
0
1880000 1800000 1600000 1000000 600000 400000 250000 120000 100000 60000 0 0

i dont know what value i should use for the lumens per lamp, any suggestions? from what you know am i doing anything else wrong??

Thanks for your time

Chris