[Radiance-general] Free version of SketchUp released by Google (butthere's a catch)

Jeffrey McGrew toast at becausewecan.org
Fri Apr 28 17:56:42 CEST 2006

Francesco Anselmo wrote:
> It looks like sketchup is using opengl, so it could still be possible to
> get the model
> with a few efforts and text file editing using GLIntercept + OGLE
>
> GLIntercept
> http://glintercept.nutty.org/index.html
>
> OGLE
> http://ogle.eyebeamresearch.org/
>
> I haven't tested it yet, so I can't promise it works ...

It works with Google Earth. It's a lot of fun. Takes a couple of tweaks
to get it running, but once it is it's pretty fun to 'screenshot' 3D
models out of it and pull them into modeling software. I've got all of
downtown S.F. this way as a background model. It's a copyright
nightmare, but really, really cool...

Jeffrey