[Radiance-general] Opinions from MacBook Pro users

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Tue Apr 25 17:41:15 CEST 2006

Kirk Thibault wrote:

> Hey MacBook Pro users (I recall there were a couple on the list) -
> what are your overall impressions so far?

Hi Kirk,

Here's some info for you.  My initial report, posted to radiance-online.org:

http://www.radiance-online.org/pipermail/radiance-general/2006-February/003446.html

I also posted some rants and raves on my website:

http://www.rumblestrip.org/2006/02/27/woohoo
http://www.rumblestrip.org/2006/03/02/good-and-bad
http://www.rumblestrip.org/2006/04/09/windows-on-mac

And you will notice that my system is currently listed fourth fastest on
Mark Stock's Radiance benchmark page, here:

http://mark.technolope.org/pages/rad_bench.html

All in all I'm thrilled with it, but the squeal is still there (see my
"good and bad" post for details), and I haven't called Apple about it
yet.  But it's very fast, the display is crisp, and I finally have an OS
X computer that can run AutoCAD.   I'm hopeful that Parallels gets their
act together and figures out how to allow the virtualized windows disk
to share with the Apple filesystem, but it also sounds like Apple's
working on their own solution for this.

- Rob