[Radiance-general] Textures: perturbations in x,y,z normals

alira at gsd.harvard.edu alira at gsd.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 25 01:29:07 CEST 2006

Hi Greg,

In effect, what I get is the resemblance of a shpere the larger the
object. For this reason, I feel that I'm using "texfunc" in an improper
way for what I need. My objective is to modify the x, y and/or z normals
of a surface in order to analize how much R, G and/or B is being
absorbed/reflected. I know that depending on the texture of a surface, for
example, shortwavelenghs of the spectrum are more reflected than the short
waves of the spectrum. What I need is to create a "bumpy" surface in order
to see how much blue is reflected depending on the scale of this
"bumpiness" ( from very small scale-microscale, if possible, to
macroscale) and by having control of the perturbation of the x, y and z
normals. Is there a logic way in how to do this?

Adriana