[Radiance-general] trans or glass material, rectangular luminous opening problem

Christian Fusenig christian_fusenig at gmx.de
Wed Apr 19 21:06:15 CEST 2006

Hi @all,

1. question:

I have circular plexiglass disc or more a  flat cylinder  and  on top of
one side there is a blue LEE Color filter attached. I have the spectrum
of the filter and calculated the RGB color values. Shall i make a normal
glass cylinder and on top a disc of glass with the RGB values multiplied
with the transmittance of the filter? Or would you suggest the trans
material ?

2. I have .ies data of a rectangular flood light and convert it into a
radiance file. Although the resulting Polygon is glowing,   the light
output  seems to come from the middle of the polygon and not from the
whole area. Is this correct?

Thanks and regards,

Christian