[Radiance-general] Windows enabled Radiance

Jeffrey McGrew toast at becausewecan.org
Fri Sep 30 03:10:57 CEST 2005

There is also two different commercail tools that let you run Radiance
under Windows, and might be better if you're just getting into Radiance
but don't want to have to learn a Unix command line: Rayfront, a
stand-alone lighting design package, and there's also a plug-in for 3D
Studio Max that lets 3D Studio Max use Radiance just like any other
rendering engine available to Max (ala Mental Ray).

However, with that said, I simply went with Cygwin. Your issues with
crashing & resuming and such, well, you're right that Cygwin doesn't
have the ability to resume, but Radiance actually does. If you crash or
the system goes down, you just restart the job and Radiance picks up
where it left off. One of the nicer things about it.

Hope this helps.

Jeffrey McGrew