[Radiance-general] RADIANCE and Unix shells

Kirk Thibault kthibault at biomechanicsinc.com
Thu Sep 29 20:22:59 CEST 2005

I like Blender, because it is open and it is Python accessible.  This
was partially why I started to learn Python.  Poser, a 3D figure
animation package also has a Python API.  It turns out that several
other things I am interested in are accessible through Python,
including ODE (the open dynamics engine for physical simulation, etc).

To answer your question, Blender has a nice set of modeling and
rendering tools - I haven;t used it in a while, but am getting back
into it because of the natural potential for tying it to RADIANCE
object generation (not as slick as b/rad or some of the exporters,
though).

So much to do.

I was considering bash as the next shell to learn, as i too have
dissected some of Greg's shell programs and have begun to understand
the significance of scripting and programming RADIANCE.

kirk

Kirk L. Thibault, Ph.D.
kthibault at biomechanicsinc.com

p.  215.271.7720