[Radiance-general] About lamp color

Huangwx at kyotoUniv. ap.huangwx at archi.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Sep 26 04:23:01 CEST 2005

Dear all:

I want to simulate different appearences of an interior space in which the color of the fluorescent ceiling lamp varies (white or warm color). There is another light source in the room, which is a stand lamp with an incandescent bulb.

In the book Rendering with Radiance, it is mentioned that the eyes of human will adapt to the lampcolor, so it is safe to use white lamp in simulation. But actually people do feel different in space with different lamp color. So is it possible for people to evaluate the interior space with different lamp color via rendered images? If so, what are the lamp colors I should use? and what are the parameters should I use in pfilt? (I do find that the rendered image with a warm ceiling lamp is not so good.) If anyone has some experience in such problem, please give me some advices. Thanks a lot.

yours,
Huang