[Radiance-general] Compute direct component from sky only

nick devlin nickd at xco2.com
Thu Sep 22 13:19:09 CEST 2005

Thomas,

thanks for that. I had tried it in the past but rtrace returns values of
zero!!

I was confused about this, until I remember that for a uniform, or
overcast sky (the types I am testing), the sky is a glow source, which I
believe is not tested in the direct calculation.
which means I am back to the drawing board.

I thought about subtracting the ambient values from the total illuminance
values, but this is no help either as sky glow falls in the ambient file.

Any thoughts?

regards

nick

Message: 8