[Radiance-general] glare index

Niloofar Moghbel niloofar.moghbel at lbp.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Sep 16 15:49:04 CEST 2005

Dear all

I am going to do a research in Stuttgart university about the effect of daylight in visual comfort at schools,

For that I need a reliable glare prediction index, would you please tell me which one of the existing glare indices which are used in Radiance is better for that reason.

As I know Jan Wienold and his colleges are providing a new glare index which is "daylight glare probability dgp".

Considering that it has been provided for office spaces, and the difference between office visual tasks and classroom visual task (I mean the blackboard), is it possible to use it for evaluating glare in classrooms as well?

Thanks alot

Niloofar