[Radiance-general] Macbethcal Reflectances

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 23:40:18 CEST 2005

Hi Marcus,

You must ensure that there are no lighting or gain changes between
the scanning or capture of the Macbeth chart and the swatches,
otherwise you will have an absolute calibration error.  If you are
using a flatbed scanner, set the exposure to manual and fix it at a
single value.  If you are using a camera, set it on manual mode and
use a constant illumination with the chart in the same position as
the swatches in your two photographs.  I often shoot outdoors to
assure even illumination.

This is the most likely culprit.

-Greg