[Radiance-general] Mkillum Question

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 07:21:58 CEST 2005

Hi Terry,

The reason for the change is because the glass primitive takes into
account internal reflections, which use the transmission value to
compute transmittance as a function of angle.  In contrast, the illum
primitive doesn't account for these, which are reintroduced using the
winxmit.cal pattern.  This pattern is normalized to 100%
transmittance, and must have normal transmittance as a multiplier on
the material.

I don't know how to make it clearer than that -- I realize it's a bit
confused, but it is correct.

-Greg